The future of M Navin, 16, a teenager born of a Malaysian father and a Filipina mother, remains uncertain.
This follows the National Registration Department (NRD) and the Home Ministry are appealing against a Kuala Lumpur High Court order last month to issue him a MyKad.
Navin’s lawyer Annou Xavier told Malaysiakini that they received a copy of the notice of appeal from the Attorney-General’s Chambers today.
“This is truly a sad day as the government decided to appeal,” he said.
On Nov 25, KL High Court ordered the NRD and ministry to issue the MyKad after ruling that their decision not to grant him citizenship was unjustified.
Full story: http://www.malaysiakini.com/news/284246