State Secretary, Datuk Mohd Puat Mohd Ali said the state government regretted the action taken by the irresponsible individual who purposely insulted Tuanku Abdul Halim by uploading a gory photograph of an accident by editing the King’s image.
“Police must investigate the matter immediately so that stern action can be taken against those involved and the matter should not be taken lightly,” he said at a media conference at Wisma Darul Aman, here Wednesday.
Previously, he said, no stern action had been taken against irresponsible individuals who insulted the monarchy and the Yang di-Pertuan Agong which led others to also insult the monarchy without fear.
Mohd Puat said the Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission (MCMC), which has the expertise in this field, should play a role in tracking the mastermind responsible for insulting the Yang di-Pertuan Agong.
“The owner of the Facebook account claimed that his account had been hacked and this is a simple way of saving oneself. The MCMC must use the expertise available to investigate the mastermind responsible for the act,” he said.
He pointed out that insulting the institution of monarchy and the Yang di-Pertuan Agong had become a trend among irresponsible Malaysians who would later apologise if there were criticisms from others.
He said a police report had also been lodged by the Kedah State Civil Service Officers’ Association at the Kota Setar District Police Headquarters so that investigation papers could be opened immediately to ensure stern action was taken against those responsible for insulting Tuanku Abdul Halim.
Meanwhile, the President of the Council of Kedah Royal Family, Syed Idrus Syed Baharom said the Council felt insulted by such an act and considered it to be an extreme case.
Besides the Council, others who had lodged police reports on the matter were the Kedah Umno Youth movement as well as several other non-governmental organisations in the state.