KUALA LUMPUR, Aug 8 (Bernama) — There will be disruption in the service of the KTM Komuter in the central sector today due to the derailment of a cargo train.
Keretapi Tanah Melayu (KTM) Berhad, in a statement here today, said the cargo train, which was heading to Padang Jawa to Chemor, Perak, derailed at 3.11 am at Km 386 between Bank Negara and Kuala Lumpur.
The incident caused four of the 30 coaches to block the route of the commuter train service.
The train service that is affected are:
* Sungai Gadut – Rawang route – the service will end at KL Sentral station.
* Rawang – Sungai Gadut route – the service will end at the Kepong station.
* Batu Caves – Port Klang route – the service ends at the Sentul station.
* Port Klang – Batu Caves route – the service ends at KL Sentral station.
“There is no train service from and to the Kuala Lumpur, Bank Negara, Putra, Sentul and Segambut stations,” it said.
The KTM Intercity service is also affected, namely:
* Langkawi Express (Hatyai-KL Sentral) — the train service will stop at the Tanjong Malim Station where passengers will continue their journey by bus to KL Sentral station.
* ETS Train (Ipoh-KL Sentral 5 am) — the service ends at the Kepong station and passengers will continue their journey by bus to KL Sentral station.
* ETS Train (KL Sentral-Ipoh 6 am) — passengers will be ferried from KL Sentral Station to the Kepong Station by bus to continue their journey by train to Ipoh.
“Repair work of the railway tracks is in progress and work on one of the railway track is expected to be ready by 1 pm tomorrow, and the others, by Sunday (Aug 10),” it said.
KTM Berhad apologised for the inconvenience caused.